A Brief History Of The
Fairview City Library
Before there was a library in Fairview, there was a reading room. Many citizens of Fairview went to the reading room to read the current magazines and books of the era.
The Fairview Municipal Library was founded on April 9th, 1909, and the first library director was Miss Lucas.
Children’s services started in earnest in March 1917, with the addition of the “Children’s Hour.”
The library moved to the municipal auditorium in 1939.
The longest serving librarian was Miss Ula Frost from July 16th, 1912 to her retirement 43 years later in 1955.
Under the direction of Dee Wilson, the Fairview Library started offering “Summer Reading Programs” in the summer of 1982.
- Miss Lucas
- Kate S. Brady
- Miss Ula Frost
- Mrs. Myrna Saudy
- Mrs. Anna Mae Gould (nee. Johnson) (1955 – 1979)
- Dee Wilson
- Ann Weber
- Ernestine Titus (Current Director)